Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

Dorie is right.  When things seem their worst, sometimes it is best to go on auto-pilot.  Maybe even make an "auto-pilot list". 

You know, a list of things you KNOW (through research, advice, Dr. orders, experience....) that will improve your situation over the long haul. It *might* look like this:
  • Exercise
  • Meditate
  • Do less
  • Eat right
  • Avoid people that drive you crazy
  • Avoid situations that drive you crazy
  • Shop???? (ok, maybe not this one...)
Then, when all else fails, do the list.

Yesterday, I felt crummy.  Like, I wanna go home and lay in bed watching chick flicks all day eating greasy popcorn until my belly hurts, while everyone else goes out and has a fun time AWAY FROM ME. 
But, instead of listening to that, I went out with the group with a pasted smile on my face, and pretty soon the smile was genuine. Then, I got up the next day, ate well and exercised. And, I made it over the hump! 

Progress can be measured in millimeters, but I believe that a small amount of progress is way better than a popcorn butt. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment