Sunday, August 28, 2011

Banana Hacks and Insomnia

Recently, I read about something that I found to be quite interesting.

Did you know that if you press lightly on a banana, the mark will show up later as a bruise?  Well, don't mock me-I didn't know this.  Immediately, I saw the potential in this.   For instance, I could write loving supportive messages to my children scare the absolute bejeezus out of my children.


I embraced my opportunity the next possible chance I got. 



Sky King was amused (Damn!) and the kids were perplexed, and a little creeped out.

Bingo.


I waited a few weeks, and did it again.



This time, I accused my husband of doing it, while he laughed.  He thought it was hilarious that some sick freak out there was trying to freak people out, and had succeeded.  Little did he know, he was married to the sick freak. 


After some discussion, and the husband's plans to individually inspect all future bananas, my thoughts wandered, as they often do, to a COMPLETELY UNRELATED bit of information:

Monkey Boy had been sleeping poorly for about 2 weeks, at times coming into our room in the middle of the night, sure he heard ominous sounds coming from just outside his poorly latched single pane window. 

Hindsight is 20/20, y'all.

There goes my Mother of the Year Award.  Again. 


This meant I had to go in and confess to MB, taking full responsibility.  He assured me that it didn't really freak him out, he was stressed out due to other things.  You know, like the plummeting stock market, our position in the future global economy, the dwindling rainforest.  Things 12 year olds muse about. 

Yes, I know.  I am SO going to hell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment