Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Day Princess Almost Died

Princess nearly died the other day.

She was viciously attacked by a wasp at a football game, and she was stung on her arm AND her lip. She had never been stung before, and the medic for the game was concerned about whether she was allergic.  All the attention she received made her so irrationally dramatic, I nearly choked her to death.

Luckily for her, there were campus police on hand, and one of them must have seen the murderous look in my eyes as I held the drippy bag of ice just so up to her growing lip,he reached toward his taser, resting his trigger finger on the "lose bodily control" setting. Right before I gave her a squeeze, I looked up and loosened my grip.

I then heard a strange growl coming from Princess, looked at her, and she gave me a look that would wither even Joan Crawford, and I immediately repositioned both ice packs for maximum swell reduction, at which time Princess went back to merely scowling at me, and demanding I take her home RIGHT NOW.

Honestly, I don't know where she got this tendency for the overly-dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment