Monday, November 14, 2011

Monkey Boy and the Uncle of Bad Influence

My brother has "favored uncle" status in our home.
When he arrives, he gets jumped on by princess, and snuggled with.  He also gets a head nod and "Hey, what's up" from Monkey Boy.  I know, big deal, right?
Monkey Boy and Uncle M are truly birds of a feather. They are so similar, I regularly call them the wrong name when they are together-the only thing that separates them is about 20 years and some facial hair.

And some tattoos and piercings.

So whenever Uncle M wants to do something fun, he texts my boy for a companion.  MB loves this. Here is a list of things they like to do together:

Play Airsoft Wars in the backyard
Go to the Airsoft Store
Go to the processed meat by-products store
Go to the dumps/paintball place/go-cart racing place
Go to the Swap Meet/Flea Market

This last Sunday, they went to the flea market.  I sent them on their way with $20 and the warning, "Nothing illegal!"

What did they come home with?

Slurpees, a silicone cover for MB's cell phone, and some Chinese Throwing Knives.

I said, what the hell! Aren't those knives illegal?!?!?!?!?!?!

No, Uncle M said. "They are just throwing knives.  You're lucky I talked him out of the butterfly knife".

I can't WAIT to be an auntie-payback is a bitch.

2 comments:

  1. Lol!!! I want a cool title like auntie payback is a bitch. Anatomically impossible, but still.

    WG
    http://itsmynd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to re-read my post---now I will forever be known as Auntie-Payback-is-a-Bitch. Thank you, WG, for being my muse ;)
    Maybe Auntie PIB, so it's appropriate for the little ones?

    ReplyDelete