Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In Which I Get Banned from a Mall

In my defense, it was a totally honest mistake. The cute blonde behind the counter made a completely inappropriate remark to me, offering something I had never even heard of.  And I went to college for like, 5-and-a-half years, so I have totally been around, and for me to have missed exposure to something like this is particularly confounding. Truly, Urban Dictionary needs an app where they are constantly listening to innuendos and will provide discreet translation to prevent embarrassing misunderstandings.  Which would not have helped in this case because as it turns out, her offer was quite literal.

Hindsight being 20/20, I should have figured she was probably referring to the yummy candles I had just purchased as a great gift, rather than....that other thing.....that I thought she offered to do.  Which now seems quite illogical,and humorous, given we are both females. But I thought I maybe missed something in college on that day I went to class.  I need to listen better. Or something.

Either way, Yankee Candles should train their staff better.  Offering to "trim someone's wick" pretty much is not acceptable, no matter where you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment