Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eleventy-Eleven/Homework

I didn't get tagged-I DID, however, get inspired by my Pal Suniverse, over at, well, Suniverse.  She likes me enough to read me and comment now and then, which is practically the same as meeting me at Starbuck's for a weekly tall- soy-decaf-vanilla-latte'.  And she said consider myself tagged.  And I needed a quick and easy blog topic.   It's like a quickie, but on Internet paper.


Here's the sitch...


Rules: 
1. Post these rules


2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or their blog
Random Things about Aimee/Fearless Fibro Warrior
1. My feet have grown from a 7 to an 8-this is odd because I have been a 7 since high school, and then I had to start buying 8s about 3 years ago. My theory is I got so fat my feet were the only things left to expand. 
2. I never had Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli or asparagus as a child-my parents hated them.  I now love them all.
3. I LOVE the Oxford comma.  I feel weird if I forget one. 
4. I can't stand most TV, but I LOVE The Kardashians.  I know, it's a sickness.
5. I always thought my favorite color was blue but every time I had blue clothing (except for Jeans) I wouldn't wear it.  Now, I know my favorite color is green.  When I buy it, I wear it.
6. Even when I was a vegetarian, I loved pate'.  And I crave liverwurst on white bread with American cheese and yellow mustard.  Yummm.
7. Incorrectly used apostrophes drive me crazy. Like in "Praline's 'n Cream".  The Cream does NOT belong to the Praline. I scratched the apostrophe off at an ice cream parlor once.
8.  I cannot watch scary movies. In fact, Scary Movie had me hyperventilating. It might be because I have a hard time discerning between reality and fantasy.
9. I spent most of my early working years in health food stores-3 different ones. This is why I'm such a tree hugger, and hate Western medicine.  
10. Speaking of hippies, I love the smell of Patchouli.  Unless mixed with B.O.
11. When I was younger, I hated my freckles. So much so, that when my parents were gone, I'd apply thick layers of my mom's cover-up to my face, then stand far away and squint a little bit, just to see what I would look like without them.  Sorry, Mom.  I owe you a couple bottles of goop.
That was harder than it looks.  Because I was all, "What would be a random fact?  Well, if I spend a lot of time thinking about it, is it really random?"  Sheesh.  Lighten up, Aimee (As my mom used to say).

Answers to Suniverse's questions:
1.  Do you hate baked potatoes, too? No, but I avoid them because they are a nightshade vegetable. And they suck without gobs of butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon.  Wait, Yes.  Yes I hate them.
2.  Which are your favorite pair of shoes? My Ecco boots.  They were my first pair of nice boots, and I get compliments on them all the time.
3.  Michael Buble - sexy or sexiest?  Show your work. Sexy.  Michael Buble-not Mark Walburg=Sexy
4.  I'm still wiped out from surgery. Is there a pill I can take for energy? Or does meth only come in liquid form? I believe you can crush up meth and snort it.  I'm not sure about that one.  Or you can scam drugs off the tweens-$10 goes pretty far.
5.  Do you still throw away cans when you don't feel like cleaning them for recycling? Neither do I. Of course not.  That would be horrible.  But I can't be....wait, what?  Clean them for recycling? Ummm, yes. I mean, no.  Ummm, I gotta pee, BRB.
6.  What's the grossest thing you've eaten? Some people would say liverwurst.  But I got it!  Back in college, I had my tonsils out.  I wasn't eating much, and could hardly speak. We went out to the local Red Robin, and all my friends made this horrific concoction of leftovers off our plates, and poured ketchup, ranch and cigarette ashes on it.  One of the guys in our group bet me $100 I wouldn't take a bite. I spent the money on new clothes. And in Middle School, I would down ketchup and mustard packets to gross people out.
7.  What does your journal look like? An awful lot like this blog-in fact, it's identical. (Because I don't journal. Was that clear?)
8.  Why do you still have that t-shirt that you never wear? Because someday I will be thin enough that I won't look like a chubby skank.
9.  What have you spilled on someone else? What haven't I spilled? I was a waitress, and horrifically bad at dropping things (Sorry, Sharleen). I do remember one time I spilled an entire soda down a large woman's leg.  I said, "Don't worry, it's diet", and walked away.  I'm pretty sure I didn't get a good tip.
10.  What color would you love your house to be?  A yellow house with a giant wrap-around porch
11.  If you could spy on someone, who would it be? I don't know if i have an answer to this one. I'm really good, not wanting to be in others' business like that. Any more. And I trust people generally, so I can't think of anyone.  Except maybe a celebrity to see what their life was like. Someone like JLo, probably.
My 11 questions:
 1. What is your favorite M n' M flavor?
2. Which state should we turn into an alternative dumping site?
3. Why are cats so damned smug?
4.  Which position in a band makes the person more attractive?
5. Who should we contact if thong exercise-wear comes back into fashion?
6. If you were trapped in an elevator with no hope of rescue for 3 days with Joan Rivers, Snooki, Maury, and one gun with only one bullet, who would you shoot?
7. How should we promote better voter-turnout in non-presidential-election years?
8. What is your favorite place in California?
9. Where would you want to travel if you could only go to one place ever again?
10. Which of my best qualities make you most prone to stalking me: my demure vulnerability, my biting wit, my hilarious skew on pop-culture, the crazy things I pin on Pinterest, or my winning smile?
11.  When I look out the window, it always seems like it's raining, even when it's sunny. Is that my keen eyesight actually seeing individual atomic particles? Explain.
This would be where I would tag you, which I don't feel like/don't know how/don't care to try.  
Happy Thursday, and stay tuned for double bloggy goodness tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment