Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lightening Strikes Twice!

While the cat's away, cool shit happens.  Isn't that how the phrase goes?

I won another blog award!

It's called:




I got it from one of my favorite bloggy pals, WG from It's MY Mind!.  He bestowed it upon me, in an effort to allow me to ride his coattails to bloggy stardom.  One of my favorite posts of his is one of his most recent.  I love this post because it A) discusses purse shopping, and #2) does the extraordinary public service of encouraging your chick/girlfriend/wife/baby mama to buy a new bag. I will go a step further, and remind you all to make sure you get a pair of coordinating boots. 

The rules of this award is that I have to give props to the giver (easy peasy, thanks WG!) and I have to tell you 10 random things about me.  And I have to then give the award to 6 other deserving blogs.

Here's my 10 random things:

1. As a child, I went to 7 different schools before college. 

2. I went to 4 different colleges, and it took me 5 and a half years to finish my degree.  But, I use that degree every day.

3. I was a vegetarian from the age of 16 to 22-and I worked in 2 different butcher shops during that time, which helped to remind me.  And I can quarter a mean chicken.  I've forgotten how gross meat is, especially bacon. Mmmmm, bacon.

4.  I am a recovering control freak.  I'm on step 3, "Stop signing up for shit, you moron".

5. I'm left-handed.  But I cut with my right hand because there were two lefties in Kindergarten but only one pair of lefty scissors, and that bitch was fast.

6.  I have only engaged in one fist-fight in my life.  (Not including a bar scuffle that was more talk on my end, than fighting). It was 4th grade, and that jerk had it coming.  I cried more than he did.

7. I tried to play the flute, but my arms were too short.  Not "T-rex" short, but still.

8. I used to be such a slob, I cleaned under my bed with a rake.  I'm not much better now, I just married someone that's neater than me.

9. I love to read, and remember the first book I read start to finish in one day, "Ribsy" by Beverly Cleary

10. I never played sports, except a partial season of softball, which I had to quit because my grades sucked.

Okay.  That sounded more like a list of confessions, rather than 10 random facts. 

Now, the final task-I have some blogs that I think are amazingly creative and wonderful, all for different reasons. 

1. Eggton---Eggton combines crazy stories, an even crazier dog, and amazing recipes.  Somehow, it works amazingly well, and her photos make you want to lick the screen.

2.  Flourish in Progress---Elizabeth is a badass homette that writes about her lack of decorum, her year of not shopping, and how to be a cute petite thug on a budget.  She makes me smile, and is more creative with the f-word than I could even hope to be---yet I still try.  Practice makes perfect?

3. Snarky in the Suburbs---If you judge a blog by its name, it's obvious why I love this one.  If it's not obvious, check her out to find out amazing ways to get back at annoying society types, without acquiring a felony.

4. Oh Noa. ---Want to be the best spouse?  Noa will guide the way. Want to see a perfect model of an apology to yourself?  Noa has you covered. Hilarity ensues, I promise.

5. Mommy Wants Vodka--Aunt Becky wrote the user manual to mixing pain killers with liquor---I mean that in the best possible way.  She is my hero--I mean that in the worst possible way.

6.  "Jen" e sais quoi--Jen taught me to be a better parent through horrifyingly inappropriate cartoons, and references to rap.  See what I mean, here.


Those lists took about as much energy as I have.  Fortunately, I plan to drink later, so I may get caught up on my goings-on.  And, I may piss and moan about my life, even though there are plenty of people out there that are worse off than me.  It's not my fault they can't write worth a shit. (Sorry, a little passive aggression does a body good, no?)

No comments:

Post a Comment