Friday, March 30, 2012

The One Where I Don't Whine. Much.

This morning sucked---I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say, the best news I got today so far is that I will hit my annual out-of-pocket max on my new insurance in 2 months.

But then I started catching up on all the blogs I follow-there were tales of debilitating illness, mental health issues, and not being able to pay the bills.  So instead of whining about my stupid problems, I'm going to tell you the things I am thankful for today:

1.  I'm thankful I am employed, and have insurance that will cover some of my treatment for my health problems

2. I'm thankful for my sad little Facebook life, where each click finds me reading something inspiring when I'm feeling shitty, or laughing my ass off at a funny musing of a friend.  Some people mock Facebook and all it entails (including my husband) but I LOVE it.  LOVE.  It gives me happiness, joy, info, and funny shit to laugh at.  I don't care if you judge me.

3.  I love the new app, Draw Something.  It's like Pictionary.  My name is Aimeerw if you want to be amazed by my lack of creative prowess.

4. I'm thankful all my family and friends support me, even though I seem to be always sick, I piss and moan about it a lot, and I forget everything. EVERYTHING-birthdays, appointments, parties.  It's just not there anymore.

5. I'm especially thankful for Sky King-my loyal sidekick, partner, and bestie.  He makes things bearable, he's taken over my job for me, and he hardly ever gives me the "pity" look when I cry about my health.

6. I'm glad my rash is clearing up (a reaction to one antibiotic) and my reaction to the new antibiotic makes me slightly nauseous, which may help my stuffing-yummy-goodness-into-my-face problem.

7. I'm thankful I have readers of my blog that listen, gripe, complain, commiserate, and sympathize along with me.

Wow.  Nothing like other people's problems to put yours into perspective. Thank you, Other Bloggers.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment