Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Light At The End Of The Spoon

Have you ever had one of those weeks where things are "meh", and even though things go a little bit crappy, you still manage to hold it together?

Me neither, til now.  I have had a rough couple weeks, starting a while back with Princess' dental apocalypse. 

This week, the building I run my business in is trying to control how and when I do my thang.  I will not go quietly into the night, however. When I know more, I will share more. Just know that, right now, I'm lacing up my gloves, and those mofos won't know what hit them.

My hormones are freaking out, and one of my docs thinks it's early menopause.  Which would be great if this meant I would stop getting a period.  But instead it means I get it MORE OFTEN (WTF, body?) and sweat about a pound of sweat an hour, without the ACTUAL weight loss.

My home is owned by Satan's mistress, who is horrifically unreasonable, and we already want to move.  We have only been here 4 months.

Still, I haven't stabbed ANYONE despite the growing list of potential victims.

And school is almost out, which means I won't have to do 7th Grade ever again.  Until Princess is in 7th Grade. 

And I got utter happiness in the mail today.  Which made it all sunshine and cupcakes.

A friend of mine that I have known since we were both schlepping burgers and bottomless fries many many moons ago reads my blog.

Somewhere in my rants and excessive commas, she has found some things that have made her smile when she didn't seem to have a reason.  So she picked up a necklace that screamed, "Aimee", and popped it into the mail.


This is a horrible picture, but it is a teeny tiny cute-ass little spoon on a chain.

I have been looking for something like this for quite some time. No one knew that, however.

Sometimes, I need an extra spoon or two to get through the day, and now I have one. See? It's like my friend Tanna KNEW people might die by my hand, and stopped it, single-handedly.  She's like a pet-loving Superhero. Without the tights.

I know a few assholes that owe her a "Thank You" note.

Tanna Banana, you are Uh-Maze-ing!   :::muah:::

No comments:

Post a Comment