Monday, July 23, 2012

When All Else Fails, Make a Permanent Change You May Regret

What do you do when you suffer from unrelenting pain, combined with a complete 180 degree shift from how your life used to be?

I say, mark your body permanently, with a massively visible picture, that may or may not burn for 4 days.



Now, before you get all, "hey, don't you run a professional business that relies on people having faith you are an upstanding citizen" or "tattoos are a permanent reminder of a fleeting desire" on me, I thought about this for almost a year.

I knew I wanted a spoon, to signify Christine Miserandino's Spoon Theory which is the very best way to describe invisible illness to people, and truly encompasses how it feels to have a debilitating illness when I look perfectly fine.

I knew I wanted it to have a butterfly because they are trendy I have no imagination they signify invisible illness and the transformation we go through.

And since they haven't invented glittery tattoo ink yet, I let my tattoo artist use his imagination and create something unique.

Midlife Crisis: 15
Lyme Disease: 1

1 comment: